Leader. Team player. direction-setter. Is this you?
We are seeking a unique candidate to fulfill the role of software architect at Logic Cadence. This person must have a blend of the appropriate skills to fit our clients and our teams’ needs.
The diverse responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
• Setting overall direction and establishing proper technology choices
• Ensuring business objectives are being met
• Leading the internal team assigned to your projects
• Serving as a guide that does not dictate or mandate
• Understands the inter-connected skills of the team and aligns them for best results (designers, developers, project managers, etc)
More about THE SOFTWARE ARCHITECT ROLE:
beyond having the ability to select the best solutions for our clients, the architect also possesses the following skills:
The Architect sets the overall direction and steers the team to the goal
Provides the blueprint
Creates and provides the Architectural blueprint for applying proven software
Satisfies Business Goals
Responsible for the integrity of the entire system in order to satisfy business goals while mitigating risks
Manages system evolution
Manages non-functional requirements and verifies/enforces that they are satisfied as the system evolves
Leads by building consensus. Serves as a guide that does not dictate or mandate.
Aligns a team for success
Understands the team’s related skills and aligns the team for the best result
Serves as a Liaison
- • Works in a critical liaison role, helping the business and technical teams work together toward a common vision while addressing needs to meet stated goals within given constraints (budget, time, infrastructure, etc.).
• Serves as effective communicator by:
- – Communicate concepts to the development team and provide the path for build-out
- – Communicate concepts to the business stakeholder team and incorporate changing requirements as appropriate
- – Seek feedback on designs and communication/documentation for continuous improvement and assessment of proper fit for the problem space
- – Help solve development-related roadblocks
- – Leveraging system instrumentation, teams, and end-user feedback cycles, to communicate and assure stakeholder’s buy-in.
- • Ensures Proper Documentation
- – Communicate and document appropriately as technical and related trade-off decisions are made by maintaining the Architecture Decision Record
- – Responsible for setting the standard and ensuring documentation gets done to enable building and supporting the system.
- – Ensuring everyone on the team understands their unique responsibility for providing technical documentation.
qualifications and other requirements
- • Possesses the ability to:
- – Give full attention to what other people are saying, and to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- – Use strong soft skills including influence, involvement, and leadership across a broad array of different areas (technical and functional).
- – Identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- – Monitor or assess the performance of yourself, other individuals, or the organization to make improvements or take corrective action.
- – Define and guide early, the things that are difficult/expensive to change later and ensure that the business needs and pain points are properly addressed by solving the right problems
- – Keep decisions pragmatic
- – Be flexible and able to learn as responsibilities will morph every year as new technologies become available at an increasingly faster pace.
- – Develop a great deal of breadth of technical knowledge to guide decision making by understanding the various options, so they can pick the best tool, language, or method for the problem balanced against known constraints.
- – Adopt a holistic view to understand how the software system works from a high level, while also getting deep into the implementation details (ability to zoom in and out, as needed).
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical. Avoid the problem of vendor Lock-in.
• Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks.
• Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude. Must exhibit management and leadership skills to successfully fulfill the duties of the role.
• Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable in fulfilling obligations.
• Understand that Software Architect is a role, not necessarily a rank, although it does require a high degree of technical experience and expertise.
has keen oversight
Knows the software that is available, how mature it is, what it’s good at, where it’s headed, and how well it suits the given problem domain from the longer-term perspective.
Limits choices available during development by choosing a standard way of pursuing application development and identifying criteria to select tools and frameworks to build the application.
– Analyze and eliminate options and narrow the focus.
makes solid decisions
- Makes strong judgment calls and decisions around how to optimize design for conflicting priorities and make appropriate trade-offs.
- – Ensure cost feasibility of the overall solution from personnel/tools/licensing/infrastructure
- – Ensure the critical security aspects of the solution are accounted for
- Defines and maintains the interactions and dependencies among system components.
- – Manage external system integrations and help define the bounded context of the application
- – Subdivide a complex application into smaller, more manageable pieces
Responsible for written code and ultimate review of code.
- Accountable for reviewing hosting environments.
Logic Cadence is a software develpoment and design agency located just south of Nashville in the Cool Springs area. We have an open and collaborative working environment that is team-oriented and client-focused. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, PTO and a flexible work schedule.
Our collective group of innovators are sincere about wanting to help each and every one of our clients. We love what we do and we care about getting our clients to a better place.
Designers, Developers, Architects and Product Owners—each piece of the process is important and we all share your pursuit to turn new ideas into reality.
Our clients are true partners. When we engage with a new opportunity, we listen and learn with empathy and build loyalty and mutual trust that forms a meaningful relationship.
Family and Community
We support our team members, their families and their communities in ways that are personal and meaningful.
With technology, there are many ways to get a job done. We are never satisfied with the status quo and will go to great lengths to uncover and find the best possible solution to a business challenge.