Logic Cadence is promoting the lifesaving practice of giving blood. We are asking that you join us and consider donating blood in the very near future. You may ask why? We believe the real question is, why not give blood?
Please read the following reasons why you should consider donating blood:
It’s One of the Greatest Gifts
- The gift of blood for transfusion is one of the most precious gifts you can give.
- Blood donation can help to keep cancer patients alive. We don’t have a cure for cancer, but you can help keep someone alive while they are waiting for a cure.
- Sickle Cell is a group of inherited red blood cell disorders that predominantly affects African Americans. A Sickle Cell patient can require one to two transfusions a month to maintain a normal lifestyle.
- Your gift of blood will keep a child, a parent, a sibling, a friend, alive for one more day.
- It’s an act of kindness and compassion and you will have someone’s endless gratitude.
- Blood donation is one of the highest forms of volunteering.
- When you donate blood, you encourage your body to produce new red blood cells.
- Blood donation helps the donor to maintain optimum blood iron levels.
- Regular blood donation contributes to ensuring you live a longer and healthier life.
- You get a free mini-physical. Before donating, your vitals — temperature, pulse and blood pressure — are checked as well as your hemoglobin level.
- Your donated blood will be tested for several infectious diseases.
- Because if you need blood one day, you would not hesitate to take it, so why would you hesitate to give it?
The Facts Support The Need
- Every two seconds someone needs blood.
- Blood is in short supply; 75% of the world’s population are potential recipients; less than 1.2% are donors.
- Thousands of people around the world depend daily on receiving donated blood and blood products to stay alive.
- 1 single pint of blood donated can save up to 4 lives when divided into its components.
- Statistics show that 25 percent or more of us will need blood at least once in our lifetime. And those 50-plus begin needing it the most. So why not give back before you need it — or give because someone has given for you?
- The blood supply needs constant replenishment.
- There is no known substitute for human blood and it cannot be replicated due to its complexity. Only real blood will do.
- Red blood cells, platelets, plasma, and white blood cells can all be derived from blood donation, each of which can be used to save lives.
- Blood donation is important because maintaining an adequate blood supply in our community secures blood transfusions for patients.
- The need is growing. Cancer patients are among the most common recipients of blood transfusions. But donations are also used daily for surgery patients, accident victims, organ transplant recipients and burn patients.
- Your blood type might be rare and thus quite valuable, for example, O negative blood group.
Donation is Easy
- Donating blood doesn’t cost any money.
- The process is safe and quick, and sterile, disposable equipment is used for each donor so there is no risk of infection.
- You can be done with blood donation in about 20 minutes from registration to actual donation.
- You won’t miss the volume of blood donated, which is about 500ml; this is equal to the volume of one bottle of a soft drink.
- You get to relax after the donation so that you can recover adequately.
Please join Logic Cadence in helping our communities get to a better place.
Set your appointment with Blood Assurance today!